Sunday, June 21, 2015

No more red-eyes for me

Okay, so remind me never to take a red-eye again, will you?  I was a zombie most of the day. We did manage to get in a quick stroll through the North End of Boston. The North End is a well known Italian neighborhood in Boston.  Lots of delicious restaurants and tasty bakeries. The most famous bakery in the neighborhood is Mike's Pastry.www.northendboston.com

 This place has a minimum of an hour wait out the door every time I come to Boston. Saturday morning we walked right in. I could not believe it!  So of course I had to buy some cannoli!  We were going to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner, so these were the perfect dessert. They were gone in seconds!www.mikespastry.com
Once we left Boston, we drove up to Rye, New Hampshire to take a nap at my aunt's house because we just could not rally.  Later in the day, we checked into our rental house and enjoyed dinner with my family.  We had a wonderful visit and plan to do more in the week to come. We sure were happy to get a good night's sleep.

All day Sunday it rained. Leftover Hurricane Bill working its way up the coast. We had a relaxing day visiting with more family and enjoying stories that we have not heard in years past. The best was finding out that we missed out on some of the Spreckels Sugar fortune!! Some fancy lawyers came to Boston from San Francisco and had my great grandfather sign off on some paperwork that seemed "suspect."   My grandmother always told my Mom and her siblings that we "missed out on the sugar boat!" That is some family history that I will be researching soon!  We even found out that Sharpe Park in Pacifica is part of the same family branch!  You learn something new everyday. Who knows... could just be some crazy family folklore.

So, tomorrow we are spending the day on Lake Winnepausakee in New Hampshire.  My cousin, Mark and his wife, Nancy live on the lake all summer so we will have a lovely day on the lake to be sure.  Hurricane Bill has left the area!














No comments:

Post a Comment